- Applications close date: Monday, 28 October 2019 (9am) – please note late applications cannot be accepted
- Salary £30,000 p.a. (including London weighting)
- Reporting to: Business Partnerships Manager
- Job Location: London
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week). Part time hours considered for the right candidate.
- Holidays: 25 days per annum (pro rata), with additional 3 days for Christmas closure.
- We welcome requests for flexible working arrangements.
About The Access Project
The Access Project is an innovative education charity that helps bright young people from disadvantaged backgrounds beat the odds and gain places at top universities. Our volunteers are trained and supported to be effective tutors who work with our students for an hour a week to raise their grades. In addition, a dedicated school-based staff member mentors the students so they have the knowledge and support to make strong university applications. Our results show this approach works.
About the role
The Access Project is a high impact charity with ambitious plans to grow. Business partnerships are at the heart of our plan to help more young people from disadvantaged backgrounds reach top universities. Our business partners already provide approximately 20% of our income and a significant proportion of our volunteer tutors, as well as crucial pro bono support. Our volunteer offer is central to our programme and so creates a strong incentive for companies to work with The Access Project to make a real difference to social mobility.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking for their second role in corporate fundraising or seeking to make a sector change from a sales-based role. You will have the opportunity to work on established partnerships as developing a portfolio of warm leads and driving new business.
You will be joining The Access Project at a time of growth and opportunity. You will be part of a friendly and collaborative partnerships team of seven and one of two people working on business relationships.
Duties and responsibilities
Account management and stewardship
Account management of portfolio of corporate relationships.
Provide recognition and stewardship opportunities to businesses in line with our corporate partnership levels.
Use corporate partnership levels to incentivise businesses to increase their financial contribution where possible.
Development and strategy
Identify potential ‘flagship’ partnerships within your portfolio, and devise strategies to develop these.
Develop high quality materials to support corporate partnerships.
Devise new and imaginative strategies to engage businesses and maximise their potential for support.
Work closely with the volunteer team to maximize the number of volunteers from businesses.
Work with staff in other regions to ensure coordinated business stewardship approaches, providing input where needed.
Use research into businesses and TAP networks to identify and act on new business leads.
Undertake due diligence research on potential new partners.
Targets, forecasting and budgeting
Meet annual targets, KPIs and milestones set with the Business Partnerships Manager.
Wider partnerships duties
Contribute to partnerships materials and communications.
Generate ideas for wider fundraising opportunities and strategy.
Attend TAP cultivation and stewardship events.
Essential characteristics and experience:
- Experience in a corporate fundraising role, or transferable experience in a sales or other relevant role securing support from businesses.
- Demonstrable success in successfully securing new business to grow a fundraising or revenue stream.
- Superb communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Ability to understand and articulate the needs of businesses and how relates to The Access Project.
- Experience of meeting targets.
- Commitment to the cause, mission statement and aims of The Access Project.
Desirable characteristics and experience:
- Experience using a CRM system, particularly Salesforce
- Flexible working options
- Generous annual leave entitlement: 25 days plus Bank Holidays, including Christmas-New Year closure.
- Professional Development: we are committed to developing our staff and help to provide professional development courses to complement and enhance your employment with us.
- Cyclescheme: This is a tax exemption scheme which allows employees to purchase cycles and safety equipment as a tax-free benefit, saving on average about half the cost.
- Travelcard Loans: For permanent staff who have passed their probation period, to help cover the cost of travel, with repayment options up to 12 month instalments per year.
Please direct any queries to our email via: email@example.com
For further information about The Access Project, please see our website via: www.theaccessproject.org.uk
The Access Project is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and will expect the all volunteers and staff to share this commitment.
Applicants must be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and will expect the all volunteers and staff to share this commitment.