- Applications close: 9am, Monday 10th May 2021 (Please note that late applications cannot be accepted)
- Salary: £35,000 – £39,500 p.a. (+ £3,000 London Weighting, where applicable)
- Contract: Full-time, permanent
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week. We are open to agreeing a flexible working pattern to best suit the successful applicant.
- Location: London or Birmingham (with travel to London for meetings). Remote working initially until staff return to office-based working.
- Interviews: Tuesday, 18th May 2021 (TBC)
- Start date: ASAP
- Function: Partnership Team
- Reporting to: Partnerships Director
About the role
We are looking for an experienced communications professional to capitalise on our media profile and brand awareness as we expand into new regions. You will be finalising and embedding a new communications strategy while we prepare for our next phase of growth.
The pandemic has put the national conversation on higher education, inequality and social mobility into the spotlight. The Access Project has the insight, data and student stories to be prominent in this debate and has achieved a significant increase in national media coverage over the last year. Making the most of the charity’s growing profile will play a central part in attracting more volunteers and donors, raising awareness of the educational disadvantage and influencing change.
The successful candidate will be passionate about levelling the playing field for disadvantaged young people in education, with significant experience of communications strategy development. You will have a strong editorial eye and copywriting skills. You will build strong relationships with colleagues across the organisation and with journalists and ambassadors for our cause.
For detailed information regarding this job opportunity, please see the following link below to our online application portal.