The wellbeing of our students is of paramount importance to us. Our staff and volunteers are subject to assessment including an enhanced DBS check, and are trained in their safeguarding responsibilities. We have a Designated Child Protection Officer who is able to offer support to staff and volunteers with any issues that arise. You can read more about our safeguarding policies below.
Tutor Vetting and Training
We perform enhanced DBS checks and two reference checks on all volunteer tutors when they join the programme, and the DBS checks are repeated every three years. Our tutors also undertake mandatory Safeguarding Children training when they join.
University Access Officers
Our University Access Officers are based in school either two or four days a week, and are trained in Safeguarding Children and supported by our Designated Child Protection Officer. University Access Officers monitor the success of tutorials and deal with any issues that may arise on an ongoing basis.
Our Designated Child Protection Officer and our Deputy Designated Child Protection Officer have both completed Designated Safeguarding Lead training.
Our students are provided with training and clear guidelines on what to do if they have any concerns.
Getting in touch about safeguarding
Our Designated Child Protection Officer can be contacted at
T: Office and Main Safeguarding number: 020 4513 5999 (+1 for safeguarding)
Download Our Policies
- The Access Project Safeguarding Children Policy
- Additional Safeguarding Information for Parents and Guardians
- Safeguarding Children Statement to Parents
- Additional Information for Students – Your Relationship with your Tutor
- Gift Giving Policy
- Lone Working Policy for Volunteers
- Volunteer Agreement
- Communication Guidelines for Volunteers
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Student Tutor Contact After The Access Project
- Volunteering Online Health and Safety Policy
- Complaints Procedure
- Volunteer Issue Resolution Policy
- Social Media Policy
Report a safeguarding incident or concern by clicking here